Last week I shared several national holidays for February. The February calendar has more things to celebrate this coming weekend.
- Friday, February 12 is President Abraham Lincoln’s birthday
Why not celebrate his birthday at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum in Springfield, Illinois?
You still have time to plan. It could be a great school field trip.
Be sure to review the museum’s temporary policy changes due to Covid-19.
Purchase Tickets in Advance Online. Capacity is limited.
If you need assistance, call 217-558-8844.
- Saturday, February 13 is World Radio Day.
Each year on World Radio Day, experts in the field work to bring radio access to isolated communities.
Yes, radio is still relevant. Here are a few reasons why:
- You don’t need internet access for it.
- It’s free.
- More people in the world have access to radio than any other broadcast media.
- If your power is out, you can still have access to information via your radio.
Every year people experience power outages—sometimes due to serious emergencies. Use this day to make sure your emergency preparedness kit has a radio with good batteries. Or purchase a wind-up or solar-powered radio that doesn’t need batteries.
- Sunday, February 14 is Valentine’s Day
You still have a few days to prepare and put your plans in order.
I would tell you my plans, but then my hubby would know since he reads this.
Until next time . . . Travel Light,
© 2021 SuZan Klassen